So here's what I would like to accomplish this year (sorry it's kind of wordy):
- stairs: we have nasty carpet on our stairs and I would like to take it off and paint them. Two years ago (yes, TWO YEARS ago), we took the carpet off the first two steps to see what the wooden stairs underneath looked like. It's been two years since then folks. I was that disappointed.
- garage: what garage? It is a storage warehouse and filled to the brim. We have never had a car in our garage because there is no room. I've got to change that. You would be shocked to see what's in there. That space (and thankfully only that space) could be on "Hoarders". Hopefully there are no dead anythings.
- entry closet: we never use it. I have no idea what's even in there but my husband says it's full. I want to clean it out, put up shelves and make it a second pantry to store small appliances, etc. That would free up so much room in our kitchen.
- tornado room: there's a great story behind this room but I'll save it until I post about it's redo. This should be an easy one to accomplish. Fingers crossed.
- master bedroom: it's time to freshen up this room. I've got everything I need to do it except paint...and the will to start it. It's going to be a lot of work.
- master bath: Technically, it's not a health hazard but it's a mess. No offense to homebuilders or homebuilding designers but one of them is an idiot to put carpet in a master bath. It needs to come up. I also need to pick up my clothes I often throw on the floor in a pile even though there's a HUGE walk in closet two steps away. I have ideas for this room too and all the stuff I need to do it except paint and that dang will to start again.
- redoing main bath/updating: this one isn't a must but I would like to change it up a bit. There's nothing wrong with it. It's just been a few years since it was done. DONE!
- painting kitchen cabinets: This will never happen. Remember that will to start thing? I don't even want to think about how much work is involved.
- redo office: We did the office about 3 years ago in the style my husband wanted. It had a lot of green and a lot of wood. It was a bit manly let's say but nice. It was so nice that my son slowly started taking in his music equipment bit by bit and before we knew it, the office became his recording studio. Do you know how neat and tidy and careful young teenage boys are? Let's just say the office isn't so nice anymore. My son has moved his equipment to his room upstairs now so the office is ready to become our home office again. Yes, I have everything I need for this room too and I might have the will to do it. I just need to pick a paint color.
- laundry room, upstairs tv room, guest room: there are little projects I would like to do in these rooms.
So, that's my "to do" list of projects I want to do in 2013. I've already completed one project already and it's not even on the list and it's only the 2nd day of the new year. Here it is!
I moved this plant from the kitchen bar....
and put it on this cute stool next to the front door.
It was a little bit of work because it's kind of heavy.
Sorry the pictures aren't better and that I don't have a tutorial.
You have to start somewhere, right?
Any words of wisdom? motivational speeches?
financial incentives? fun advice?