I completed the second little project for my new sunroom makeover (the first was doing the floors I guess). If you missed the before of my sunroom, you can see it here and then here. I purchased a new toy this weekend which influenced the project I chose to do first. I bought a new electric stapler! I was so sick of the manual one and all of it's problems so I bought a power stapler. (It's awesome)
So my first little project is to recover my bench that will be the primary seating in the sunroom. I purchased this many years ago. It was an iron bed in it's former life until some creative person took the footboard, cut it in half and attached it to the sides to create a seating bench. It's about the size of a loveseat so it's perfect for the sunroom.
Here is the ugly fabric that was on it. I loved that fabric about 9 years ago but now, not so much.
I have decided to recover it with dropcloth material. I want a neutral backdrop. I purchased my $10 dropcloth and washed/dried it to soften it up a bit. Here it is fresh from the dryer. I cut the size of material I would need.
As you can see, I am recovering over the old layers of material. I do that because it gives the seat some extra cushion...and because I'm lazy and don't want to remove the old material.
There it is...my new staple gun. Again, it's awesome.
I put these two pillows on it just for the picture. My plan is to add a lot of pillows to this for color, interest and comfort.
All done. I like it. One project down, at least 5 or 6 more to go until the sunroom becomes my new project room.
I may link this up to some of my favorite link parties listed above on my page or below on the right.