Lori at In Pursuit Of Martha Points passed along a blog award to me a couple of days ago. Thanks Julie! I call Lori "Julie" because that's how I was first introduced to her. Honest story is that some days I'm just a little slow to pick up on things; call me dense. Her blog story says she's "Julie and the cruise director" for her blog/household. Well, I fell for that and thought she was Julie but she's really Lori and I totally missed the "Love Boat" reference even though I watched that show as a young child...a really young child...practically a toddler...yeah, right. As I understand it, I have to share 7 little known facts about myself and then pass the award on to 15 other bloggers.
So, first things first...7 little known facts about me. This was kind of hard at first because I'm an open book kind of person but then I realized only a couple of my followers actually know me in person so the rest of you know very little about me. So, here goes:
1. I met my husband out "cruising" the streets of my hometown when I was 17 years old. We dated seven and a half years and have been married for almost 23 years (Aug. 2010). He is still the cutest thing.
2. My first car at 16 was a mellow yellow 1967 Mustang. I didn't appreciate at all. I went to a high school with a bunch of wealthy kids (we weren't wealthy) driving new Corvettes and Cadillacs and couldn't believe my parents gave me an old car. It didn't take long for me to change my attitude (when the boys became interested in my little hotrod).
3. I do not like my food to touch and eat one thing at a time. I am an extremely picky eater yet somehow am still overweight.
4. For the past few years I have co-chaired the Texas Speech and Hearing Association's task force on Cultural and Linguistic Diversity which focuses on speech-language pathology services for bilingual/bicultural population. However, I am monolingual and hate to travel. Go figure. I don't know why I'm passionate about this stuff but I am.
5. I was painfully shy as a child and my mom made me take piano lessons that I hated. One day, she took me to a building all dressed up, handed me some sheet music I had been practicing for a recital I did not want to do and sent me into a fancy room with a grand piano. Unbeknownst to me, I was at a piano competition. She knew I wouldn't have gone if I knew what I was going to. I played, walked out and said to my mother "I quit. I will never play again and you can't make me." I was around 9 years old. I never played again. I stick to my word.
6. I'm adopted. Oh wait, I mentioned that in the mother's day post. My pal, Jennie and I have known each other for about 38 years. Have I already mentioned that too? Oh well. Wait, I know, I am a Chocoholic like no one else and I only drink sweet iced tea (water, too; milk too sometimes but that's it)
7. When I was on drill team in high school, I toilet papered Brian Bosworth's house. If you are younger than 40 or not into football, you'll have to google him.
Here's a bonus one: my son is in the gifted-talented program and has been since first grade. He taught himself to read beginning right before he turned 2 years old. No joke. He's a freak of nature. My husband and I are really smart (or so we like to think) but we didn't read until first grade and not a minute sooner. I don't know where he got this from. Apparently, an apple can fall far, really far from the tree.
Now, I have to pass this on to 15 other bloggers. Of course I would have passed it to Julie if she hadn't given it to me and I want to give it to Mandi at Tidbits from the Tremaynes but Julie gave it to her too so that's two of my favorite blogs that are out of the running. I don't know if I have 15 other blogs to give it to so I'm just may have to break the rules (which is really hard for me because #8 would have been that I'm a rule follower big time) and just give it to a few. So, in no particular order, here are the blogs I'm passing it to:
Sense and Simplicity a very versatile blog with beautiful photography
Home and Harmony this is one of the sweetest, most beautiful blogs
Meridian Road this is one of my new favorites
Confessions of a Curbshopaholic this one is just fun and I love seeing what she's found next
Canadian Cottage the posts on this blog just take my breath away; simple and stunning
My Heart With Pleasure Fills fellow Texan who leaves the best comments
Rubies Place another beautiful blog with great ideas
Macchio Family my neighbor's blog who has awesome posts; she needs to do them more often :)
Funky Junk Interiors this is the blog I stalk. I want to be her and I want her stairs desperately. She's probably received every blog award already but I'm givin' it to her anyway. She just reached 2000 followers! I can't believe I have more than 2!
Okay, that's it for me. Really, I could have passed it on to every blog on my bloglist and every blog I follow but it just becomes too difficult to decide who to give it to and who to leave out. So, if I follow your blog or if you are on my bloglist, feel free to take it. I'm fine with that since I'm a rebel rule breaker now. Watch out.
Thanks again Julie!
Aw you're so sweet, Gina! Hmm maybe I need a code name for you too. . . I'm gonna think on that. I love the 7 things about you! I think we need a Drill Team pick. We really do.ReplyDelete
Hi Gina! Congratulations on your fabulous award! I loved reading the 7 things about you. I met my hubby when I was 16 and we dated for 11 years and have been married for 15 years this year!! Thank you so much for passing this lovely award on to me. You have made my weekend! I hope you and your lovely family have a wonderful weekend! Big hugs to you Gina ~ Tina xxReplyDelete
Congrats to you on your award. I loved reading your 7 things. So fun!
I'm so honored you chose me to pass it on to. I had never received one until today, and when I checked my e-mail I found out that 3 people had awarded me all in the same day! How cool is that?
So now I think I'll have to combine the 3 into one post. Hope you don't mind me bending the rules just a bit....;)
Thanks again for making my day!
Congrats on your award!
Thanks so much for your visit, I really do appreciate your comments on my cubby post.
Have a wonderful day!
Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it my way. Here I read these lovely things about my blog on the very night I post about the bench, that I painted over all the chippy loveliness and felt guilty the whole time because of you (and a few others). Well only a little guilty, but anyway... Thanks again - I'm thrilled and had to run downstairs and tell my husband about the award.ReplyDelete