Jennie and I went junking last weekend and found quite a few things. Part One of this post shows one of my new favorite things. I found this well-worn handmade birdhouse. I didn't have to do a thing to it except figure out where to put it and how to put it there. I really wanted it in the front garden but I really needed a base or something for it.
This weekend, I found this! It's a perfect pale blue base that needs a top. I think we can make this work for the birdhouse.
So, we bought some of these thingamajigs to attach the two things together. I sealed both the birdhouse and the base with a poly sealer to keep the paint from flaky off anymore and to protect it a bit from the outdoor weather.
...and here are some pictures of the finished product. It's a beautiful thing.