Grace at Sense and Simplicity put an all call out for everyone to do a post about what they love about their home. She is posting a round up of all those posts this Thursday. Since I like Grace and her blog and it sounded like fun, I thought I would participate. I've posted pictures of my house before but let's review.
1. I love that my house is a cottage style and looks older, yet was new construction. We wanted an old house but didn't think we could afford the upkeep and possible renovations. We found new construction that looks older. It manages to pack a punch with 4 nice sized bedrooms, 3 baths and 3 living areas tucked away in that cottage. I like that it looks cute and cozy on the outside but it's 2500 square feet on the inside. Love that.
2. I love the front porch. LOVE it. It comes complete with a ceiling fan.
2. I love all of the windows. It has walls of windows in the den/kitchen area and a sunroom. It has big windows in every room. It faces west so the dining room at the front of the house is the only room that gets the evening sun which can be down right HOT during the summer months. However, the rest of the house stays pretty cool for Texas.
This room is just to show windows. Disregard the mess. It's my next big project after the entry areas are finished.
3. I love the beadboard throughout the dining room and master bedroom. It came with the house.
4. I love that I can add older/vintage things to the house to give it character and it really could pass for an older home.
5. and I love that it is next door to these people! We have the greatest neighbors. All of our neighbors are good (on every side of us) but these neighbors are awesome. I love that my house is next door to theirs.
What a cozy, welcoming home you have. Lots of new photos here, which I'm loving. I had no idea your front porch had a ceiling fan, what a cool idea (get it - cool). Thanks so much for the shout out. How ever did I miss your giveaway? I'm off now to join in.ReplyDelete
Your home looks beautiful. Love your front porch.ReplyDelete
I love your house too, and you have given me so many ideas. It is funny I was trying to place your blog on my blog roll for all to see and when I tried to find you on my dashboard, you are still under an unpink life, that was your before life correct?ReplyDelete
What a great post! I saw that Grace was doing this and hope to join in the fun. Things have been crazy this way with job cuts and home purchasing etc. I will blog about that soon.ReplyDelete
I love your porch! It's to die for. Your curb appeal is great too. . . . something we totally need to work on at our house!
Your porch is too cute!ReplyDelete
I'm thinking I just might love the same things you're loving your house for. Smart move, sista. Few people have the insight to make that wise of a choice. :)ReplyDelete
Love the porch! I adore the glass knobs!!!! Great post.ReplyDelete
I would love living next to Kim and Danny too!ReplyDelete
Your home is absolutely lovely!ReplyDelete
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Ha, I laughed about the glass knobs. We live in a home from the 40's and the knobs keep falling off...they all turn the wrong direction too. I had a Piano tuner who used our bathroom and when he kindof got stuck (because he didn't realize the knob turns the reverse of normal knobs!), he got a screwdriver and tried to fix it! Then he said he couldn't fix it ;-) . I love all of your windows too. I did a post here: http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/ but didn't realize they were not doing a linky for this project! So I didn't get included....come for a visit!ReplyDelete
so cute! great blog!ReplyDelete
boon1211 at gmail dot com
Hi Gina:) Gosh I can't believe how many gorgeous posts of yours that I have missed over the past week! I loved your post on the wooden crates...sigh, I would love to have some and always keep my eye out! Secondly, congratulations on your first giveaway!!! Gorgeous lamps and whilst I would LOVE to win them, the postage to Australia would bankcrupt you so I will just wish everyone else the best of luck!! Thirdly, your home is beautiful! I love the outside and would never have guessed that it was such a new build! I love your windows and that beadboard is gorgeous:) I also love your cast iron bed seat that I spied in one of your pics! Hope you have a wonderful week ~ Tina xxReplyDelete
You have a lovely home Gina and a lovely blog. I am so pleased that I came across it. Your concrete floors are terrific and your post on crates made me want to head out and find some more for myself! Have a great day! xxReplyDelete
I'm just now catching up on your blog! You are so sweet! We have the BEST neighbors ever! We can NEVER move... I love your house, too... it's just adorable... and you have the best ideas... and more than that... you're just one of the best people we know... seriously... ~ kimReplyDelete